Skip to main content

Featured

Adorable Pink Keyboard and Mouse Review (It Has Typewriter Keys)

Photo Source: Author Photo Source: Amazon While FD's pink wireless keyboard and mouse are adorable and definitely aesthetic, the set has some serious issues. Here's my review of Amazon's pink MoMoOne Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo. Note: this pink keyboard and mouse set is currently sold out, but the blue and white version is available. I ended up not loving this product, and bought this replacement pink keyboard instead. If you are looking for a keyboard and mouse combo that is stylish and functional, the FD Wireless Keyboard Mouse Combos Set is the perfect option. This set is designed for both PC and Mac users. The keyboard has a slim design that makes it easy to take with you on the go, and the mouse has an ergonomic design that provides extra comfort. Plus, this keyboard and mouse combo set is very affordable at $35. Aesthetics The aesthetic light pink color on both the keyboard and mouse is adorable. I love it. Honestly, if the keyboard and mouse worked as well

My Little Obsession with Page Turning

These are the books I read this last week.

"When I graduated from high school, it was during the Depression, and we had no money. I couldn't 
go to college, so I went to the library three days a week for 10 years." 
~Ray Bradbury


Inspired by this quote, I've began to read again with a passion. Since I'm 8 months+ pregnant, and it's in between semesters my attending college, even community college is a lot tougher than I'd like.  However, my inability to attend school right now does not mean that I have an inability to learn.



So, I found the nearest library. It has a crazy limit of checking out 75 books at one time for three weeks at a time.  This fills me with so much joy. I'm use to a three book limit.  We've been going back to the library about once every two weeks.

This past week, I set a goal of reading either six hours a day or one book a day, whichever came first. Although I do not believe that I can keep this pace for very long, I can definitely read more than I was making time for.

Since my pregnancy began, what I can read and watch on TV has had to change. I'm much more sensitive to graphic things, and sleeping is hard enough without nightmares. So on the suggestion of my midwife I've began reading Young Adult fiction again, instead of human rights and regional history books. Thus began my rereading of the Harry Potter series, I read the first three books the week before. I also picked up a Tamora Pierce book for the first time since Junior High.  Tamora Pierce was my all time favorite author years ago, but I had read all of her books, and she's came out with new ones.

Here's the list of books from the past week:

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire-J.K. Rowling
2. Beka Cooper- Tamora Pierce
3. Laughing Without an Accent- Firoozeh Dumas
4. Escape from Saddam- Lewis Alsamari
5. The Bookseller of Kabul- Asne Seierstad
6. Cannery Row- John Steinbeck
7. Hiroshima- John Hersey

I did my best to mix history with fiction, classics with leisure reading, and lengthy reads with shorter works. All together it was 2,545 pages. Not bad for a week.

Comments

Popular Posts