Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Bono

I'll admit it. I'm not up to date on pop culture, never have. I've seen a handful of "must-see films", and probably can't name more than a few "timeless" bands (much less the band member's names) yet I've read more books than the average person my age or a decade older.  This lack of cultural knowledge has never really bothered me, until now. I've never heard Bono talk, but in my immersion of human rights issues and non-profit sector studies I have heard Bono's name come up again and again. I always just figured him to be another celebrity looking to get into the limelight, but then I watched this TED video. Bono is a great entertainer, and I think he really cares.

I'm so glad that I watched this video. It's uplifting and full of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment