Friday, February 15, 2013

Steak Tacos, Yum



Growing up in Texas, Tex-Mex tacos where a weekly occurrence.  However, now living in a bigger city away from agriculture, I've realized the fresh meat here lacks quality, especially ground beef.  Every package of ground beef that I've bought has had a slightly slimy texture, been discolored, appeared to have filler, and obviously wasn't fresh.  So, I'm doing what I can to eat higher quality meat.  I found a recipe to make tacos with cheap cuts of steak, and it worked wonderfully.  They could be made with whatever cut of beef was on sale, simply cut them into strips and cook in a skillet with some oil and Tony's seasoning until done (about 3 minutes).

Such an improvement, and they tasted awesome without that packet of "taco seasoning" that I've always added.  I can control how much sodium is in the dish better, and I can still taste the flavor of the meat.

You can find the full recipe for the quick steak tacos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment