There are so many fad diets out that claim all these things that just not true. The information below was
- Cleansing- If done in moderation can lead to weight loss, according to Dr. Ian Smith, if you don't take do it responsibly the weight loss will not be worth the risk of losing valuable nutrients.
- Baby Food -celebrities seem to like this diet, but remember Baby Food is very bland, with no consistency whatsoever and you will get tired of it very quickly. Some friends of mine in college tried this, it did not last very long.
- Gluten Free-Dr. Smith says it is mostly a gimmick. The reality is that by sticking to a Gluten Free diet, you basically cutting out a lot of junk food. The simple truth is you cut out junk food, you lose weight.
- The Hot Dog Diet-I tried this one myself a few years ago and almost passed out several time.
- The Grapefruit Diet-I tried this one also, and had to stop after a few days.
I think that people get so confused with what to eat and what not to eat that we get completely confused. I don't think we can follow anyone else's diet, we are all different. You need to do what works for you. For example, I eat when I am hungry which is every few hours. Diets have never worked for me. I never liked to starve myself; I basically eat whatever I want in moderation.
Starving yourself does nothing except make you want to eat everything in sight. Some people think that you lose weight by starving yourself and that is so wrong. You only lose weight when you eat and that is really true. Look at it this way if you have a pet and your pet is use to getting fed three times a day then it does not have to store food for later. However, if you have a pet and you feed once a day, it is either going to eat all the food at once or it will save food for later. Our bodies work like the last example. Please stop starving yourself, and don't forget to add in some exercise.